Thursday, September 9, 2010

SMART Boards

My elementary school has recently installed SMART Boards in every classroom.  It is very exciting to have such great resources to use on a daily basis.  I have seen a lot of things that can be done on the board.  I feel that the use of the board will help to further engage my 1st graders.  My students come in daily and ask if we can use the board during the day.   It encourages me as a teacher to know that my students are anxious to learn. 

The technology is new in my classroom, and I am still learning its capabilities.  I am finding that there are many different lessons and activities that have already been created.  I have tried out some of them and found that most of the activities are well planned and well made.  I am excited to know that there are resources that are ready to use for the SMART Board.  As I learn how to fully operate this equipment, I am still able to use it successfully.  It is okay to borrow ideas from other teachers who have been where I am now. 

3 comments:

  1. Smart Boards are an excellent tools for teachers to incorporate into their instructional presentation because it helps to enhance learning. When I use the smart board students tend to become more engaged in the lesson which helps to increase student's knowledge and skills when learning new concepts. In the past, I have use smart boards more as a teaching tool however this year I will focus more on how students can benefit from using this device as a learning tool. I will be created lessons that allow students to use the smart board as ways to create interactive learning games, to share their presentations with their peers, and to demonstrate that they are capable of using new application and new devices. It is important that students can understand how this device will help them stretch their learning and assist them with mastering concepts in my class. In my school the math and science teachers are using the smart boards as a creative tools where students are dissecting animals, moving geometric shapes to get a better understanding of math concepts, etc. If the smart board is used appropriately it can helps me become a more effective teacher because it will improve student achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I learn to use the SMART Board, I am trying to do different things then I have done before. I am not tryng to do the same thing I have always done differently. The SMART Notebook that my school has is loaded with premade lessons, tools, images and games that are available to use. I will allow my students to use the board to learn rather than me use it all the time. THe students are more engaged when they are using this technology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incorporating smart board technology into your daily lessons is a great idea. I have found that it increases motivation and the students enjoy the interaction the technology offers. It also makes the subject come alive for them which in turn captures the attention of your learners. The smart board can also encourage the involvement of learners in the subject. You may find students that were once hesitant to participate, clamoring to use the white board. Another great feature of this technology is that you can automatically save and print, email or even pasted your lessons into a website.

    ReplyDelete